Katy Yong Premium Instructor
- San Francisco, Berkeley, Walnut Creek
California – United States
- Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia, Samba, Cuban Rumba
- All genders
- $100/hour lesson
- Online Payment
Credit Card [COMING SOON]
- Offline Payment
- Evening weekdays
- +1 (925) 323-6596
Katy Yong has an extensive dance and movement background and training since the age of 8. Katy grew up immersed in Latin American, Chinese and American cultures. Her earlier studies involved Peruvian folklore, Afro-Peruvian and Chinese dances as well as jazz, ballet and modern. She holds a B.A. Degree in Dance and World Arts & Cultures from UCLA. Katy’s multi-disciplinary dance background includes dance therapy, modern release technique, Limon and Flamenco.
Katy has studied with various choreographers including Anandha Ray, Joanne Burke, David Rousseve, Nina Martin, Trisha Brown, Alvin Ailey, Maria Benitez, Liliana De Leon-Torsiello and Yismari Ramos Tellez. Her performances include the San Francisco Ethnic Dance Festival (2012), Cuba Caribe (2010-2014), Salsa Rueda Festival (2010-2014) and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (1998).
She currently performs with Las Que Son Son, a Cuban Dance Company, under the direction of Yismari Ramos Tellez. She feels blessed for living in a rich cultural melting pot that embraces her upbringing and provides a venue for her deep love of dance. As a performer and choreographer, she blends a large vocabulary of movement and styles that rhythmically flow together creating fluidity, grace and ample range of movement. As an instructor, she continues to be inspired by her students’ improvement, energy and dedication.
- 48-hour cancellation policy to avoid full charges.
- Rescheduling within 48-hour period will be allowed once. Cancellations after rescheduling will not be allowed even with 48-hour notice.
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
- Lessons may be transferable at instructor's discretion.
- Lessons may be purchased as gifts and expires in 6 months
- Timeliness is expected and appreciated. Tardiness may result in lesson being shortened.
- Personal hygiene
- No scents, fragrances or perfumes please. Cleanliness expected.
- Dress code
- Comfortable, fitted clothes to better see the lines and movement.
- Students are expected to conduct in a professional manner at all times.
- To be discussed with each student based on location.
- Sound system
- Instructor to bring her own sound system.
Member Since: August, 2015
Last Update: August, 2016