Jose Luis Gutierrez
- Miami, Broward
Florida – United States
- Salsa L.A. Style, Bachata
- Ballet: all genders, ages 3 & up
Everything else: all genders, ages 6 & up
- USD $70/hour lesson at Karibe Dance Studio
USD $100/hour lesson at any other location
- Online Payment
- Offline Payment
- +1 (305) 519-9629
Originally from the Dominican Republic, Jose Luis Gutierrez’s dancing career began in 1992 in Los Angeles. During this time, while in the Marine Corps, he found himself attending dance clubs frequently, and since then, his passion for Salsa has only continued to grow. After 3 years of dancing and many dance class request later, Jose Luis’ career as Salsa instructor took off.
After being transferred to San Diego, he founded E-Club at the Miramar Marine Corps Base, which quickly became the number 1 Latin Club for two years in a row. Once his contract with the Marine Corps ended in 2000, he moved to Miami. It was during his first few years in Miami that Jose Luis took time off from teaching, to brainstorm and refine ideas on how to share his passion for dancing at a larger scale.
In 2003, he founded his current company, Karibe Dance Studio. Since then, he has competed and won more than 20 local competitions, winning prizes from cruises to cash money. Karibe Dance Studio has participated in a surplus of major Salsa events such as LA Salsa Congress, Tampa Salsa and Bachata Festival, Orlando Salsa Congress and many more congresses throughout the United States of America. Jose Luis has also participated in dance videos and congresses for known artists such as Richie Ray, Bobby Cruz, Tito Nieves, La India, Issac Delgado, and Albita.
- Payment is made in advance.
- Cancellation must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Rescheduling must be made 24 hours in advance.
- No refund policy, unless instructor has been unable to meet client's availability schedule.
- Credit lesson is permitted.
- Transferring lesson is permitted.
- Gifting lesson is permitted.
- Video recording
- Video recording is allowed during dancing, not instructing.
- I understand things happen, so I am lenient with punctuality by 15 minutes.
- Personal hygiene
- Personal hygiene is important as this is a contact dance.
- Dress code
- Dress respectfully and wear shoes that you would normally go dancing in.
- The instructor may bring a companion if he feels it will help the student results.
- If parking is to be paid at meeting site, client must cover such costs.
- Group lessons
- Private group lessons are allowed however for a different rate.
- Sound system
- Instructor will bring small speaker but will be able to hook up to any larger system provided.
Member Since: July, 2016
Last Update: November, 2018